Monday, February 24, 2014

Tackling a Touchy Topic - gay in football?



 
Michael Sam wants us to look at him as a football player, not a gay football player. If that’s true then why did he feel the need to divulge his sexual orientation? He opened the worm can the minute he opened his mouth.

 Personally, I don’t want to know anyone’s anythingie when it comes to such private matters. There are certain things that should remain private regardless of gender choice. But gee, let’s shout it from the microphone and get football even more tainted. Come on man, football is the purest of the purely manly sports. Seriously?

 It would be like a girls basketball team having one of the boys on the boys’ basketball team shower in the all-girls locker room. It just smears the whole shebang to shreds and mess things up! As a mama, I would not want one of my sons showering with a gay guy. Period. End of story.

 Now do not miss-interrupt my stance here. We all know someone who is gay, who has a gay child, or a gay family member, or a gay friend and we’ve all been touched in some form or fashion by this subject matter. I am not saying God does not love these folks. Or, that I think of them as subhuman, far from it!

 What I am saying is—this is not the way God intended for the human race to live. I’m going to have to stick to His word. Something that is hardly ever done these days, sticking to God’s word, that is. Although the Duck Dynasty guy stuck to God’s word. Kudos to him, even though that brought on some crazy consequences, however, when you speak God’s truth, in the end His Truth always wins. And, because of their willingness to speak God’s truth, the double D’s are definitely winning these days!  

Look, I do believe He loves the person, just not the sin. As in the rest of us, we’ve all sinned and fallen short. We all have. I sure have. He loves us, not our sin. John 8:7 NKJ “… He who is without sin among you let him throw a stone at her first.” I don’t want to throw stones. I just want to throw footballs.

 The sportscasters say that it took a lot of guts to “come out.” Really? That’s how you see it? I believe it would take more guts to suck it up and stay quiet. So what did coming out do? If you look real close, maybe it just relieved his own conscious and hey, the dude is getting more publicity than ever. Interesting, the timing of it all. Right before the NFL draft? Come on you great thinkers out there, what purpose did it really do? It served no one but Mister Sam, himself.

 Oh, and for those of you who don’t know God’s word on this, there are several scriptures throughout the bible on the subject. One begins in Leviticus 18:22 NKJ “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman, it is an abomination.” I don’t know, that sounds purdy plain to me. Then again, I just want to throw footballs.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment